Growth Focused SAAS SEO Strategy
1. SEO works till today
How to measure visitor engagment
SEO, since its entitlement, has always been and will be helpful for online businesses. Many business owners and CEOs check the search engine results before buying any product. If your website is at a top position in the search engine results, it gets most of the clicks and impressions. Therefore, ranking in the top position can significantly increase your SaaS website traffic.
It is not only about infusing target keywords relevant to your marketing KPIs but also about creating a personalized user experience. To measure visitor engagement, several factors like dwell time, i.e., how long a customer stays on your site, page views (your site’s pages that get viewed frequently), number of clicks, and engagement with your content, which pages make the customers exit by hitting the back button or they make the customers leave early and contribute to the bounce rate.
An optimized website that offers a stellar experience to the users and a strong SaaS SEO strategy can work wonders for your B2B SaaS business model.
2. Factors that determine search engine rankings
The main agenda of a SaaS SEO strategy is to make the blogs, landing pages, and product pages rank high on the search engine result pages. If you rank high on search results, it will significantly increase traffic to your website and give you a competitive advantage.
This will help you achieve a competitive edge over your competitors. Here are the factors that determine the search engine rankings:
- Customer engagement: Customer engagement tells how often customers visit your website and how much time they spend on it. The click rate also determines user engagement. Quality is essential for readers, and you should be providing them with helpful information about your product or the industry. It helps attract traffic through other channels and also improves the chances of returning visitors and shares.
- Links: Links that divert traffic to your website can affect your prospects’ perception. Also, if you provide external links through blogs and other content, you should ensure that they link to credible sites, products, and blogs. Earning the customers’ trust is essential to any business. Therefore, as you build these links, they will continue to serve as assets and compound over time to help your site.
Not only will you begin to rank better for your target keywords, but that ranking will remain over time. A good link profile is difficult to build, and your competition will have to work hard to outpace your rankings.
- Content: The concreteness, conciseness and completeness of content play a vital role in the eyes of the consumers. It also influences the AI algorithm used by Google. Therefore, SEO content marketing and SEO form the basis of a sustainable, predictable, and scalable SaaS growth strategy.
- Authority over the domain: If the content of your SaaS website is relevant to your domain industry, it automatically helps your website to rise in search rankings. You should include a comprehensive ‘About Us’ page on your website and provide easy access to contacts and external links.
Factors that determine Search Engine rankings for SaaS
3. Predicting growth
An SEO agency that utilises analytical tools can easily predict the outcomes of various SEO activities. For instance, the fewer resources and time Google has to spend crawling and indexing a site, the faster it is likely to rank. The technical structure of your site includes factors such as how quickly pages load, which can also be an essential consideration when it comes to user engagement.
The SaaS SEO team can also help you build a strong SEO strategy within a given budget by using analytics. The analytics allow them to predict the ROI based on SEO actions.
4. Leads & Conversions
Organic traffic does not generate results overnight, but it ensures that your business remains relevant for a long time. It eventually helps you get more qualified leads, and the conversion rate also improves steadily.
5. Edge over competitors
If you want to outshine your competitors without taking too many steps, implementing an SEO strategy for SaaS will be best. It helps rank your website higher in the search engine results for many relevant keywords. A strong SEO strategy for SaaS also means optimizing website design, redefining user experience, and creating content that helps build a robust online presence.
Therefore, if you think SEO only means inserting keywords into text, you are missing the whole point! The combination of data analytics, keyword research, engaging web content, and user-friendly UI will help you gain a competitive advantage.
Henceforth, a SaaS business model charges customers for access to a software product, tool or suite of tools for a specific purpose. SaaS companies are unique from other business models because they are based on a product that is not tangible or has limited use. It can be modified, updated, improved, and pivoted for a variety of cases and industries.
Features can be included to target new markets and categories. It allows SaaS companies to compete in the organic search space with SEO. Overall, this is a robust marketing methodology for scalable, exponential growth.
6. Maintaining customer relationships
7. Sustainable strategy
You might think that putting so much effort and money into improving organic reach and traffic isn’t worthwhile. However, the best thing about SEO is that you aren’t paying for a single deal like buying ads for a high search volume through PPC (Paid Search).
You are creating enough opportunities through organic traffic to keep your business relevant even with the same budget. To make competitive ads, you need to spend a lot of money. Also, the results aren’t always predictable with paid advertisements. If you are interested in building a sustainable strategy for growing your business, a SaaS SEO strategy should be your first option.
8. SaaS SEO funnel
The SaaS marketing funnel gives the highest importance to customer retention. The brands create enough awareness about their products and make the customers believe that their products can resolve all their problems. However, it is not the case with the SaaS SEO funnel.
Here, the customers finding answers to their solutions approach your website. Therefore, providing straightforward answers to their questions or queries should be your priority.
- Attract targeted traffic comprising problem-aware leads
- Help the reader understand solutions that can solve their issues
- Help the readers learn specific product categories and solutions
- Tap these prospects via an email newsletter, content upgrade, or retargeting pixel
- Keep your keywords segmented by funnel stage.
- Within each funnel stage, parse out your list of keywords into groups or individual keywords that can be reasonably targeted with a single page (1-3 very similar keywords/variations per page).
- Create a plan or content map that shows all of the keyword groups you are planning to target and some basic details about what content should be included.
- If applicable, compare your content map with your existing website/content and update or optimise pages that align with the content map.
- Where there are gaps, plan to create new pages or write new content to target these keywords across the buyer’s journey.
Share the article