Top 5 Healthcare marketing trends to watch out in 2022
Share the article
A Seamless Digital Experience to Improve ROI
- The first thing that you need to ensure is that the customer’s experience with your healthcare organization is a favorable one.
- While the quality of service offered is unquestionably your primary concern, making their online interaction with your brand easy and pleasant, should come a close second.
- Before booking an appointment, most healthcare consumers perform online research.
- The digital patient experience in this phase is what will drive them further along the user journey, from being a potential patient to an actual one.
- An outstanding online experience improves your chances of achieving a high ROI. Among healthcare marketing trends, you truly need to look out for this one.
- For healthcare marketers, your patient’s digital experience begins with a visit to the website of the hospital or clinic prior to opting for a service.
- So, as a healthcare marketer, you must ensure that the website loads quickly, is easy to navigate, and provides content to the patient that will be valuable to them.
- In addition to the website, other digital features can help you to create an engaging experience, especially for millennials who want a quick, hassle-free, and at the same time, a HIPAA-compliant process. These include:
- Provision for booking an online appointment.
- Customer service chatbot.
- Electronic patient registration on dedicated patient portals with provision to submit medical information like previous prescriptions, lab reports, etc.
- Text reminders.
- Video appointments.
- Artificial intelligence-enabled virtual assistants.
- Need based virtual care consultations on video.
Content is everything to keep the audience hooked
- Among healthcare marketing trends in 2022, investing in creating quality content for your digital assets should be a priority for you.
- The website is only one of the many things that a patient looks up while researching online.
- Social media, review platforms, news articles, and curated content are also looked up before arriving at the final decision.
- So, your healthcare marketing strategy needs to include a robust content development plan to ensure that your brand stays top of the mind of potential and current customers.
- You can create the following types of content for digital media marketing campaign:
- FAQs on common health issues.
- Researched articles on chronic illnesses.
- Blog posts about healthy living and preventative care.
- You can also run email campaigns to share personalized content with your patients. Personalization is what everyone is looking for.
- The more you will be able to bring that to your marketing efforts, the more success you will achieve.
- Your digital marketing mix should include the use of multiple channels to convert one-time patients into lifelong ones.
3.Invest in Quality Video Production to Reap Major Benefits
- The content format that creates the most impact is video.
- According to a recent report by HubSpot, 45% of people watch more than 1 hour of video every day.
- Video content can be included on your website and shared on your social media accounts.
- Healthcare organizations can look at these kinds of video content for promotion:
- Doctor Introductions.
- Patient testimonials and stories of recoveries.
- Live Q&A sessions with doctors on Facebook and Instagram.
- Health education focused topics.
- Quick tips on healthy living.
- Video content with its audiovisual impact is attractive and is better at holding the attention of viewers than text-based content.
- As a healthcare marketer, you must invest in producing quality video content to improve your brand traction and engagement.
- Videos create a lasting impact. The format is the best one for telling your story. The length and the content of the video need to be selected with care.
- Platforms like Instagram have various predefined video templates like reels, which used effectively can help you to grow your audience very quickly.
4. Patient behavior focused SEO strategy
- The COVID-19 pandemic along with the consumerization of healthcare has driven a lot of change in the behavior of healthcare consumers.
- They have now come to rely heavily on self-diagnosis and self-treatment, turning to Google to find answers to their health-related queries.
- They have also used digital assistants like Siri, Cortana, and Alexa to find answers. This behavior has changed the SEO algorithms.
- Search engines have adapted themselves to fulfil the needs of the consumers with their evolving use of search terms and increasing use of voice search.
- So, your content has to be search engine optimized to show up in search results. Among healthcare marketing trends, your healthcare SEO strategy will play a definitive role.
- You need to create fast-loading web pages, with quality content written in, search engine optimized language using more focused keywords and a user-friendly tone.
5. Telehealth Services as Replacement for Physical Visits
- People in the US by and large wanted to avoid interpersonal contact and an in-person visit to clinics for non-urgent consultations and routine check-ups during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Resorting to telehealth services and approaching healthcare practitioners who offered them, became a convenient option.
- Though this pattern was more prevalent at the height of the pandemic, the habit has reinforced itself in consumers, as evident in the results of a 2021 telehealth survey.
- It indicated that most Americans, who experienced the benefits of this service, want to continue using it.
- So, the future of healthcare will bear ample opportunities for telehealth services to flourish.
Share the article